Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Lord of the Flies

This week I read The Lord of the Flies by William Golding. This is a pretty short book, but it is rich with details and symbolism that make it a really interesting read. This book is about a group of boys ages 5-12 who are marooned on a deserted island with no adults and have to survive by themselves. The main characters, Jack, Piggy, and Ralph, are all part of complex society that is very connected to the first world societies of today. This is a really cool book, and I definitely think it is a worthwhile book for everyone to read.

TBR:

-Kindred
-Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass
-Golden Boy

3 comments:

  1. I am reading this book too and I wasn't enjoying ti as much at first but I am starting to like it more.I also want to read Kindred too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this as well. I am starting to like it more as the book goes on.I like how you summarized the book. Like Hailey and you, I want to read Kindred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book is pretty good, I mean I'm not all that interested in books with only boys as the characters, but I agree, it is a pretty cool book so far.

    ReplyDelete