Sunday, November 9, 2014

Lots of Books

This long weekend I read three books. I read Finnikin of The Rock by Melina Marchetta, Bait by Alex Sanchez, and I am J, by Cris Beam. I won't say much about Finnikin of the Rock, since I've read it before, but  The other books were both pretty good. Bait was about a boy name Diego, who has serious anger management issues, getting him stuck in probation. Diego's probation officer is amazing, and Diego begins to deal with the roots of his problems. This is a really disturbing book and I suggest that people who are less emotionally mature steer clear. However, it is a really amazing book that is worth the mature content.

I am J is about a boy named J, who was born a girl. This book is about his dealing with the social issues, and dealing with his family, who will not accept him for who he is. This is a pretty intense book, but it is also really good. The writing style is pretty strange, a sort of mix between second and third person. The story of J becoming an adult is really cool, and I think that this book would be a good one for the older people in our class to read.

TBR:

  • The Lord of the Flies
  • This Dark Endeavor
  • The Graveyard Book

3 comments:

  1. So, both are some what mature and I am J is like the opposite of Rethinking Normal? Interesting. I'll save this for, my last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice amount of books. I will probably end up reading one of them but I don't know which.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all I want to congratulate you on reading three books in one week!!! second of all, I think I should wait a little bit longer before I read these. thank you for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete