Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

This is a long and arduous book that I will no doubt be reading for a long time. Anyway, Mr Norrell remains to be plagued by the magicians, and becomes more and more stuck up and irritating. The side characters, such as Mr. Black, continue to become more interesting, as does their affiliation with the fairy with the thistledown hair. So far this book is amazing and boring simultaneously. The second major character Jonathan Strange is yet to appear, but has been mentioned. The fairy is my favorite character, because his creepily disturbing personality and cleverness make him head and shoulders above the other characters in terms of interestingness.

TBR:

  • The Lord of The Flies
  • Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass
  • If I Stay

1 comment:

  1. I like your description of this book. If I Stay seems like a really good book, but I don't know if it is, because I need to read it. 😊

    ReplyDelete