Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fangirl

This week I read Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. This book was really good. It left me wanting more, as well as wanting to write, and to read Simon Snow. I actually felt the relationship between Simon and Baz, which was strange, because they were only a side plot. Rainbow Rowell is an amazing writer, who knows how to create worlds like no other realistic fiction writer I have ever read. This book was about a young woman named Cath, who is a Freshman English Major at a small college in Nebraska. She is the author of an enormous online fan fiction for a series of books called Simon Snow, which is similar but not the same as Harry Potter, which is mentioned later in the book. She also has conflicting emotions about her roommate's boyfriend, which causes a small bit of drama. This book is amazing; ya'll should read it.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this book too, and really like the writing. But one problem that I had with it was that there was no plot (and Cath was so exasperating sometimes!!!) but overall I liked it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was on my TBR List, so thanks for saying it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete