Monday, October 20, 2014

Neverwhere

This week I read Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. This book is about a man named Richard, who has a perfectly normal life. One day, he wakes up to find that he is unnoticed by every other person in London. Only then, he discovers a magical, creepy world underneath London that is a lot more dangerous than where he lived before. There are two creepy villainous characters that prevail through the book. Richard finds that the girl he is traveling with is being hunted by them, and they are on the run. This book is amazing. It feels almost like a really awesome dream, and has heavy mythological influences. It is a tiny bit like the Percy Jackson book about the Labyrinth, and is written in a very interesting Neil Gaiman style. This book has some adult language, and a tiny bit of adult content, but would be okay for anyone in our class to read.

5 comments:

  1. Cool! This sounds like a super fun book. I may look into it, but I will have to put it into my notes to remember all the books I like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis sounds like an awesome book! and i love Neil Gaiman's books! Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an interesting book! I will check it out! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually don't like Neil Gaimen, but I will think about reading this book! Thanks! Basil ice cream sounds weird...

    ReplyDelete