Wednesday, March 26, 2014

26/31

Writing essays is surprisingly easy, especially a camp application essay, like the one I did for Girls Rock Denver. I wrote about how music is important in my life and why it is so important. One of the only effective ways for me to calm down is for me to play guitar until it just all fades away, into the blur that is my memories. that distant blur is a pale graphite grey, matte and forming clouds of idea. Depending on the idea, it changes, morphing into another color apart from grey. Grey and green, grey and a picture inside, perfect, but blocked out by the scribble of matte graphite grey.

When I can break these apart is one of the most satisfying things for me, like working for an hour on a math problem and then figuring out the secret to solving it. I love this feeling. For me, finding the pattern is very interesting. Finding the function that applies to the string of numbers. I will sometimes figure it out easily, and sometimes I sit there staring at the numbers until they turn into shapeless lines that float in front of me.

When I see the numbers truly, and find out how they are related, the graphite sphere erupts into satisfying crumbles of matte grey, and the picture is revealed and I have cracked the code. Logic puzzles are not a good example of a satisfying problem. Logic puzzles simply allow you to become more logical. They are not particularly satisfying because you have to do them over and over, and once you understand one of them you understand all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment