Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Here is my reading blog, it's back!

Over sprong break, I read Ash, by Malinda Lo, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky, Eleanor and Park, By Rainbow Rowell, and BRZK, by Michael Grant. The first three books listed are all amazing, and I recommend reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Eleanor and Park together, as they transition wonderfully. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a very quick read, and it pulls you through like there is actually something happy at the end. A really amazing thing about both of these books is that I felt like I knew the people in them, like they were people in real life. That was a really cool experience.

Ash, by Malinda Lo is a really interesting and beautiful retelling of cinderella. It is told in a way that is not at all cliche, and the best word I have to describe it is delicious. When I finished it I had an aching need to read more of the story.

BRZK Is not a very interesting book. The plot sounds awesome and interesting, but it is actually somewhat uneventful and immature. This book is about the war going on un the micro, where a corporation has come up with technology the size of a cell, that can be controlled by the human mind. This book has awesome descriptions of seeing the micro, but other than that, really doesn't have anything awesome about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment