Tuesday, March 25, 2014

25/31

Last week I read A Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray, Boyproof by Cecil Castellucci, and Thirsty by M.T. Anderson.
A Sweet Far Thing was the third book in the Gemma Doyle series, and it continues the plot line from the other two books. I was impressed that I was able to finish it in a week, because it is eight hundred pages long.
Boyproof was about a girl named Egg who lives her life as a loner who is overall miserable. She doesn't really get along with anyone because she always says something that hurts their feelings. This book was a little depressing for me because the main character reminded me of myself, and so I was dismayed to see my future as a depressed loner. Hopefully that will not be me.
Thirty was a weird vampire book by the same author as The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing; Traitor to the Nation. It was weird, and I didn't really understand it, except for the part where the main character is really really thirsty… for blood.

5 comments:

  1. I really like how reflective you are - especially about the character reminding you of yourself. Of course, you know that your future is totally up to you and I think I detect a bit of sarcasm in the line "I was dismayed to see my future as a depressed loner." Nice word choice - dismayed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her name was Egg?!?!?! My dreams are coming true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boyproof sounds like an interesting read. Is it a romance novel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I will keep that in the back of my mind for a book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That actually sounds really good, I'll probably read it in the near future, thanks for the suggestion. And I love books where the main character reminds you of yourself, even if they are a depressed loner.

    ReplyDelete