Monday, April 21, 2014

Dustlands

Last week I read The first two books in the Dustlands series, Blood Red Road, and Rebel Heart, both by Moira Young. These books are amazing. I would classify them as dystopia, but they felt like a fantasy series due to the style of writing. The first book, Blood Red Road, is about A girl named Saba whose brother is kidnapped and whose father is killed. She and her little sister go to rescue her brother and along the way end up in several interesting survival situations.

The second book, Rebel Heart, is about Saba and her journey west to the big water. I really can't say anything else without giving away anything about the ending of the second book. I can say however that these books are as good or better than the hunger games, and the end left me wanting more of the story so much that I almost cried. for me that is a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that book AWESOME! I can't wait for the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that does sound like the Hunger Games. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading the first book in this series. It's okay so far but a little hard to get into

    ReplyDelete