Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Call of Cthulu and Other Strange Stories Pt 1 (sol 3/31)

This week I read part of The Call of Cthulu and Other Strange Stories By HP Lovecraft. This book is a collection of short stories about the strange interesting and fictional discoveries made in the late 1800s and early twentieth century. It could be considered the original steampunk. This book is pretty interesting. There is a lot of depth to this book, and the stories feel like one really crazy dream. The writing is pretty high level, but it is really interesting and well written. I would suggest this book for anyone in our class.

TBR:
-Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass
-Forgive me Leonard Peacock
-Golden Boy

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of HP Lovecraft, but never read any of his work. Sounds like an interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds strange but good. I would like to actually read an original steampunk book, that sounds cool. Thanks for the Recommendation!

    ReplyDelete